Mix Your Wastewater Lagoons
The right kind of mixing treatment can have a big impact on your entire system.
- Reduce short circuiting
- Increase detention time
- Improves BOD and TSS reduction
- Increase methane transfer from water column
- Better sludge digestion at the bottom
- Prolong time between dredging
- Minimize algae-related problems
- Reduce or eliminate nuisance odor issues
Check out our Informational Bulletin
or see more case studies and supporting documents below.
Throughout the US there are tens of thousands of wastewater ponds with intense treatment for small cities and industries (e.g., the food processing industry), and perhaps just as many reactor basins in wastewater plants for large cities. In most cities, wastewater aeration uses more electricity than any other single power use in the city, and the aeration is significantly oversized due to the need for proper mixing of the water and oxygen.
SolarBee® and Gridbee® mixers are helping wastewater systems across the United States & Canada.