Join The Team
Looking for an opportunity in the water quality field? Ixom is always on the lookout for people passionate about water quality issues & solutions to join our team!
> Electrical Engineer
We are currently seeking a motivated Electrical Engineer to join our collaborative team based in Dickinson, North Dakota. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer will design and develop new devices and enhance or redesign older devices used to control electronic or mechanical systems.
- Provide technical support to customer service team.
- Analyze current equipment offerings; identifies areas of inefficiency and needs for improvement; designs and develops systems and equipment to meet the needs of customers.
- Collaborates with other engineers to develop accurate, efficient equipment and instrumentation in accordance with safety and usability standards and customer expectations.
- Assist in the designing and testing of prototypes of equipment and the preparation of technical manuals for products.
- Overseeing and assisting with the implementation of new equipment and control systems, ensuring devices and equipment are correctly installed and properly tested.
- Provides training related to devices to employees and/or customers and will assist with electrical safety training to employees.
- Reviewing equipment failures and implementing improvements.
- Document bill of materials and component selection to assist in communicating to purchasing.
- Document build instructions and wiring diagrams to assist communicating to manufacturing.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering required.
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience
- Knowledge and experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), electric wiring, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with customers, other engineers, and field personnel both over the phone and in writing.
- Results orientated and accountable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Able to travel occasionally to customer sites in the US and abroad, to perform start-up and troubleshooting.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
On top of a competitive salary and a great location, IXOM-Medora offers a flexible, diverse & inclusive workforce. We’re focussed on embracing change and celebrating & nurturing our people. To apply for this position, please click the link on this job advert to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you must have full US working rights to apply.
If you think this position may fit you, please email your resume to: email@example.com